INSIDE: Salad Spinner Turkey Craft is a great way to make a turkey craft this Thanksgiving! Create beautifully designed turkey feather in this fun and easy STEAM art project!
Looking for more Fun Thanksgiving Crafts? Check out these fun ideas:
How to Make Salad Spinner Turkey Craft
- Cut the brown construction paper or foam sheet in the shape of a turkey body.
2. Glue, eyes, beak and snoods to the head of the turkey. You can make one turkey body or several!
3. Use your scissors to cut at least 5 feather shape out of the white construction paper. Place 2 or 3 inside your salad spinner. Add a few drops of washable paint on top of them. Close your salad spinner and start spinning.
4. The paint will spread around the leaves and create a fun and unique pattern. Repeat with the other feathers.
5. Set the feathers aside to dry. Once they are dry, glue them to the back of your turkey body. Display your salad spinner turkey craft on separate sheet of white paper or hang them from a window or use them to decorate your kids table during Thanksgiving.
STEAM Thanksgiving Art
What’s happening? Want to know more about the science behind your salad spinner turkey feather art? Check out this great article from Babble Dabble Do for more.
My happy kids are 6 years and 2.5 years old.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Brown construction paper or foam sheets
- Red and orange construction paper
- Googley eyes
- Salad Spinner
- Washable non toxic kids paint (orange, brown, red, green, yellow)
- White paper