INSIDE: Turkey Feather Rainbow is a fun colour sorting activity for toddlers and preschoolers to do this Thanksgiving. Super easy to create and make a great way to practice or teach colours this Fall!
I love making rainbows activities for my kids. They are visually stimulating and just a great way to practice colours. Sorting activities like these are also a key early math skill. When toddlers learn how to sorting and group items whether by colour, size or shape they are also learning how to analyze data, make relationships and apply rules.
Looking for more Fun Thanksgiving Crafts? Check out these fun ideas:
- 20+ Fun & Easy Thanksgiving Crafts
- 50+ Easy Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
How to Make Turkey Feather Rainbow
- Grab your large cardboard box and your paint sticks and draw the outline of a turkey. Colour it in using the paint sticks. I love using paint sticks to create activities like this for my kids. The colours are super vibrant and look like paint but it dries almost instantly so you aren’t waiting for hours to your activity to be ready!
2. Glue down tow googley eyes to the head of your turkey. Cut out a beak and the red snood for under its beak. Glue them down underneath the eyes.
3. Use a pen or a pair of scissor to poke holes all over the turkey feathers. The holes need to be big enough to fit a feather in but not big enough for them to fall through.
4. Grab your feathers and lay them in front of your box.
5. Invite your toddler or preschooler to come and sort the feathers by colour to make a turkey feather rainbow!
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Cardboard box
- Paint Sticks
- Googley eyes
- Orange and Red Construction Paper