Ugly Christmas Sweater Sun Catchers is a fun contact paper craft for toddlers and preschoolers. The results are an unique sun catcher craft for the holidays!
Looking for more Fun Christmas Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 100+ Christmas Crafts & Activities for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- 25+ Christmas STEAM Activities
- 12+ Christmas Sticky Walls
- 25+ Easy Christmas Sensory Bins
Instructions for Ugly Christmas Sweater Sun Catchers
- Fold your black construction paper in half and cut out an outline of a sweater shape.
- Cut out a square large from the contact paper. The square should be large enough to cover the entire ugly sweater.
- Peel the back off the contact paper and stick it to one side of the outline of the sweater with the sticky side facing up. I made this easier by sticking the contact paper using painter’s tape to a table with the paper backing side up then peeled off the paper and laid the sweater outline on the contact paper. Cut the excess contact paper off.
- Have your toddler or preschooler decorate their sweater using tissue paper.
- Cover the other side of the sweater (the sticky side with the tissue paper) with another sheet of contact paper. Cut the excess contact paper off.
- Use a single hole punch to make a hole at the top of the sweater.
- Tie a piece of ribbon through the hole and hang up your ugly sweater sun catcher!
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Contact Paper
- Blak Construction Paper
- Painter’s Tape
- Colourful Tissue Taper
- Single Hole Punch