Check out these 19 fun and easy Memorial Day crafts and activities for kids of all ages to do to celebration Memorial Day. Easy and creative ideas to honor the red, white and blue.
What is Memorial Day?
Memorial Day is a holiday in the United States for honoring and mourning the military personnel who have died in course of performing their military duties while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
Memorial Day Traditions
Many people visit cemeteries and memorials on Memorial Day to honor and mourn those who died while serving in the U.S. Military. Many volunteers place an American flag on graves of military personnel in national cemeteries. What is your Memorial Day tradition?
When is the Memorial Day?
Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May. It is also considered the unofficial start of summer!
Memorial Day Crafts
- Patriotic Suncatcher Kids Craft for Memorial Day – A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Patriotic Paper Plate Wind Catcher – Crafty Mornings
- Mess Free Patriotic Star Painting – Toddler Approved
- Patriotic Necklace Craft – Buggy and Buddy
- Popsicle Stick Button Flag – Patriotic Kid Craft – Glued to My Craft Blog
- Pom-Pom American Flag Painting Craft for Kids – Crafty Mornings
- Crepe Paper Flag Craft – Meaningful Mama
- Patriotic Wand Craft – Buggy and Buddy
- Easy Red Poppy Craft & Other Memorial Day Activities – Carrots are Orange
- Ice Paint American Flag Craft – B-Inspired Mama
Memorial Day Activities
- Simple Patriotic Slime Science for Kids – Little Bin for Little Hands
- Patriotic Crayon Salt Dough Recipe – The OT Tool Box
- LEGO American Flag Building Idea for Kids – Little Bin for Little Hands
- Patriotic Glow in the Dark Sensory Bottles – Kcedventures
- Fluffy Patriotic Slime for Red White and Blue Fun! – Steamsational
- Red, White and Blue Patriotic Sensory Spaghetti Play – Views From A Step Stool
- How to Make Confetti Eggs – J Daniel 4s Mom
- Fabulous Red, White and Blue Patriotic Sensory Bin – Life Over Cs
- Patriotic Monster Cookie Recipe – The Preschool Tool Box