Looking for some lighthearted ways to celebrate Earth Day and raise awareness about environmental issues with your kids? Look no further than these Earth Day jokes and riddles!
Earth Day for Kids
Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd every year to bring attention to environmental issues and encourage people to take action to protect the planet. It’s a day to reflect on our impact on the environment and find ways to make positive changes. While there are many serious discussions about climate change, pollution, and sustainability that take place on Earth Day, it’s also an opportunity to have some fun and spread awareness with Earth Day jokes, riddles, and puns.
Humor can be a powerful tool to engage people in important topics, and that includes the environment. Earth Day jokes, riddles, and puns are a lighthearted way to get people thinking about how they can make a positive impact on the planet. Whether you’re telling jokes to your friends and family, sharing them on social media, or using them in a classroom setting, they can be a great way to spark conversations about environmental issues and encourage people to take action.
Here we’ll share some of the best Earth Day jokes, riddles, and puns that are sure to make you smile and maybe even inspire you and your kids to make some changes to your daily habits. From recycling jokes to weather puns, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So, sit back, relax, and get ready to have some fun while learning how to be a better steward of the planet!
Looking for more cute and funny jokes and riddles for kids? Check out my book Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
WANT TO SAVE THESE EARTH DAY JOKES AND RIDDLES FOR LATER? PIN IT NOW SO YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND IT EASILY!
Earth Day Jokes, Riddles and Puns
- Why did the Earth Day chicken cross the road? To get to the other side of the recycling bin!
- Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!
- What do you call an alligator in a vest? An investigator!
- Why don’t ants get sick? Because they have little ant-bodies!
- Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide!
- Why did the bicycle fall over? Because it was two-tired!
- Lettuce take care of the planet.
- Earth without art is just “eh”.
- I’m rooting for the environment.
- The world is our oyster, let’s take care of it.
- Don’t leaf the earth in a mess.
Recycling Jokes, Riddles & Puns
- Why did the recycling bin feel sad? It had a lot of empty feelings.
- What do you call a recycling bin that’s always dancing? A can can!
- Why was the recycling bin so cold? It left its lid off.
- How does a recycling bin get a six-pack? It does a lot of crunches!
- What did the recycling bin say when it got full? “I’m cans-tipated!”
- Why did the recycling bin get sent to the principal’s office? It was caught throwing paper planes.
- How do you know if a recycling bin is happy? It’s bin smiling!
- How does a recycling bin keep its balance? It has a lot of can-do spirit!
- What did the recycling bin say to the trash can? “You’re garbage, and I love you anyway!”
Cloud Jokes, Riddles & Puns
- What did one cloud say to the other cloud? I mist you!
- Why did the cloud go to the doctor? It was feeling a little under the weather!
- What did the cloud wear under its coat? Thunderwear!
Weather Jokes, Riddles & Puns
- What do you call a snowman with a six-pack? An abdominal snowman!
- Why did the weather report say it was raining cats and dogs? Because there were poodles all over the street!
- Did you hear about the tornado that married a cloud? The wedding was a whirlwind!
- Why did the sun go to school? To get brighter!
- Why did the meteorologist go outside with a bar of soap? They wanted to see if there was a chance of a shower!
- How does a snowman get to work? By icicle!
- What’s a weatherman’s favorite type of shoe? Rain boots!
- Why did the fog get grounded? It was too mist-behaved!
- What do you call a snowman in the summer? A puddle!
Leaf Jokes, Riddles & Puns
- What do you call a leaf that falls from a tree in autumn? A leaf it alone!
- Why did the leaf go to the doctor? It was feeling green around the edges!
- Why don’t leaves ever get lost? They always know which way is due north!
- Why do leaves hate math? Because they’re always falling behind!
Tree Jokes, Riddles & Puns
- Why did the tree get into a fight with the fence? It was barking up the wrong trunk!
- How do trees access the internet? They log on!
- Why did the tree go to the dentist? To get a root canal!
- Why did the tree want to meet new friends? It wanted to branch out!
- How do you know if a tree is intelligent? It has a lot of branches!
Ocean Jokes, Riddles & Puns
- What do you get when you cross a shark and a snowman? Frostbite!
- Why did the octopus blush? Because it saw the bottom of the ocean!
- How do you make an octopus laugh? With ten tickles!
- Why did the crab go to the gym? To work on its beach bod!
- How does the ocean say hello? It waves!
- What do you call a fish that wears a bowtie? Sofishticated!
Earth Day Jokes that Bring Awareness to Environmental Issues
- What did the ocean say to the beach? Nothing, it just waved goodbye as more plastic washed up on shore.
- How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh? Ten tickles, but plastic pollution in the ocean is no laughing matter.
- Why did the tree go to the dentist? To get its root canal checked after being impacted by deforestation.
- Why did the mushroom go to the party? Because it’s a fungi to be with and helps absorb toxins in the soil.
- What do you get when you cross a tree and a bicycle? A greener way to commute and help reduce carbon emissions!
- Why did the bee get angry? Because people keep destroying its natural habitats and using pesticides that harm its population.
- What did the soil say to the plant? “You’re the apple of my eye, and I’m proud to provide a healthy ecosystem for you to grow.”
- How many light bulbs does it take to change the world? It only takes one energy-efficient bulb and small actions like unplugging electronics when not in use to help conserve energy.
This activity is good for kindergarten aged children 4 years old and up. My kids are 5, 5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is zero.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.