If you’re a fan of the Star Wars universe, you’re probably familiar with the adorable and mysterious character known as Baby Yoda. With his big eyes and cute expressions, it’s no wonder that kids (and adults!) have fallen in love with this little guy. And what better way to celebrate your love for Baby Yoda than by creating a fun and easy paper plate craft with your kids? Make a Baby Yoda craft using simple materials that you probably already have at home.
This craft is perfect for kids of all ages and skill levels. Not only is it a fun way to get creative and explore different textures and materials, but it’s also a great opportunity to talk to your kids about their favorite Star Wars characters and the values they represent. Plus, when you’re finished, you’ll have a cute and unique decoration to hang up in your home or give as a gift to a fellow Star Wars fan.
So, grab some paper plates and a few other supplies and get ready to make a Baby Yoda craft that’s out of this world! Whether you’re looking for a fun afternoon activity or a way to bond with your kids over your shared love of Star Wars, this craft is sure to be a hit.
WANT TO TRY MAKING THIS BABY YODA PAPER PLATE CRAFT WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT NOW, FIND IT WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 2 paper plate
- Gray paint
- Green construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Pink construction paper
- Brown construction paper
- Start by painting the front of one paper plate with gray paint and half the back of another. Let the paint dry completely. This will be baby Yoda’s vehicle.
- Cut two large, pointy ears out of green construction paper. Cut out a green oval from green construction paper.
- Cut out two pink inner ears from pink construction paper. Glue the inner ears to the ears and then to the head.
- Cut two small, black circles and two larger white circle out of black construction paper for Baby Yoda’s eyes. Glue them together and then onto the head.
- Cut a small, brown rectangle out of brown construction paper for Baby Yoda’s body. Glue it the bottom of the head.
- Use a black marker to draw Baby Yoda’s nose and mouth.
- Cut out a large circle from black construction paper. Once your paper plate is dry, glue the circle to the center of the gray paper plate.
- Glue the half paper plate the the bottom of the whole paper plate.
- Make the button console. Cut out a small rectangle from white paper. Cut out small rectangles from the black construction paper. Glue the small black rectangles the white one. Then glue this button console to the from of Grogu’s transport.
- Your Baby Yoda paper plate craft is now complete! Display it proudly or give it as a gift to a fellow Star Wars fan.
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 2 years old and up.
The mess level for this craft is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.