May the Fourth is a special day for Star Wars fans all over the world, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by getting creative with your kids. If you’re looking for a fun and easy project that your little ones will love, why not try making a Darth Vader suncatcher craft? This craft is perfect for kids of all ages and can be customized with different colors and designs to make it truly unique. In this blog post, we’ll show you step-by-step how to make a Darth Vader suncatcher with your kids, including some tips and tricks to make it extra special.
Not only is this craft a great way to get your kids excited about May the Fourth, but it’s also a fun way to teach them about the importance of light and color. As they watch the sun shine through their suncatcher, they’ll be able to see how different colors interact and create beautiful patterns. Plus, they’ll get to see their favorite Star Wars character come to life in a new and creative way.
Whether you’re looking for a fun afternoon activity or a way to decorate your home for May the Fourth, this Darth Vader suncatcher craft is the perfect choice. So, grab your supplies and let’s get started!
WANT TO TRY MAKING THIS DARTH VADER SUNCATCHER CRAFT CLOUD CRAFT WITH YOUR CHILD LATER? PIN IT NOW, FIND IT WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- Free Darth Vader suncatcher template
- Black construction paper
- Contact paper
- Black tissue paper squares and one other colour of your choice
- Masking tape
- Double side tape
How to Make A Darth Vader Suncatcher
- Start by printing out the free Darth Vader suncatcher template. Cut out the template along the outer lines.
- To cut the inner part, pinch inside the area you want to cut and snip it wet scissors so that you can make a hole that will allow you to get scissors inside to cut around the rest of the hole.
- Next, trace the template onto black construction paper and cut out the Darth Vader shape.
- Cut a piece of contact paper slightly larger than the Darth Vader shape. Roll up 4 piecs of masking tape and place it on the surface. Stick the contact paper on the tape with the paper side facing up. Peel off the paper backing.
- Place the black construction paper Darth Vader shape onto the sticky side of the contact paper. Make sure to press it down firmly so that it sticks well.
- Start by placing the black tissue paper squares on the contact paper inside the Darth Vader’s helmet.
- Then, fill in the rest of the suncatcher with the tissue paper squares in the colour of your choice. we used yellow, making sure to cover all of the exposed contact paper. This will frame your Darth Vader helmet.
- Once you have filled in the entire suncatcher with tissue paper squares, cut a second piece of contact paper slightly larger than the first. Peel off the backing and carefully place it sticky side down on top of the tissue paper and black construction paper.
- Press down firmly on the contact paper to seal everything in place. Make sure to smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles.
- Use scissors to carefully cut around the edges.
- Finally, hang your Darth Vader suncatcher using a small piece of double sides tape in a sunny window and watch it shine!
This craft is good for toddlers aged children 3 years old and up.
The mess level for this craft is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, shape recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.