Easter Painting with Water is a fun and mess free painting activity for toddlers and preschoolers. It’s a fun and easy Easter activity for young kids.
Using Water to Paint
Painting with water is a crazy easy and fun activity for toddlers and even preschoolers. It’s also a great mess free painting option for toddlers. All you need is construction paper and water! When doing activities like this I like to give my little ones different types of brushes to use when painting with the water. I brought out a silicone brush from the kitchen and a variety of other sponge brushes that I have collected over the years from the dollar store and other craft supply stores. It allowed this simple and fun activity to last longer and provided lots of opportunity for conversation of what type of patterns and markings they made.
The Best Sensory Bin and STEAM Books
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Also check out my new book coming out in the Summer 2021: Super STEAM Activity Book! Stay tuned for more information!
Toddler Homeschool Program
I am currently developing a new Toddler Homeschool Curriculum called Play2Learn Toddler Homeschool Program. Be sure to sign up for my newsletters so that you get first dibs when it is released!
How to Set Up Easter Painting with Water
- Grab different 6 sheets of coloured construction paper in different colours Easter colours such pink, yellow, blue, green or purple and painters tape. Attached them to the wall in a 3×2 grid.
- Grab a black sharpie and draw the picture of bunnies, carrots, Easter eggs, baskets and other Easter related items. I also wrote out “Happy Easter” for them to trace.
- Grab a bowl and fill it with a small amount of water. You don’t need a lot of water for this activity and the less water you have then less mess you will have.
- Invite your toddler to use the different paint brushes a to paint the Easter bunny and eggs and other items.
Before starting this activity make sure that your construction paper won’t bleed onto your walls when wet. Have a towel underneath the picture to catch any water that may come down.
My preschoolers painted this a few times so after a while I had to resecure the sheets of paper with more tape as it got too wet to remain sticky.
Easy Fun Easter Water Painting
This is a great mess free activity to do! Its a fun way to talk about colours and shades of colour, as well as all the Easter objects in the picture.
Looking for more fun and easy Easter Crafts & Activities? Check out these amazing ideas:
- 24+ Easter Sensory Bins for Kids
- 50+ Easter Bunny Crafts and Activities
- 40+ Easter Crafts and Activities
- 50+ Creative DIY Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
- 50+ Amazing Easter Egg Hunt Ideas
- 30+ Best Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers & Preschoolers
My happy kids are 6.5 years and 3 years old.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Construction paper
- Painters tape
- Paint Brush