INSIDE: Here is a simple witch’s broomstick fine motor activity for toddlers and preschoolers. Decorate a broomstick with pony beads this Halloween! This can also be a great Halloween counting and math activity for kids!
All the Best Halloween Activities your Kids Will Love
Check out these amazing Halloween round up:
- 31+ HALLOWEEN CRAFTS & ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
- HALLOWEEN STICKER ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
- THE BEST HALLOWEEN STICKY WALLS
- 40+ HALLOWEEN SENSORY BINS
How to Make Your Witch’s Broomstick Activity
How to Make Your Broomstick
- Take your construction paper and fold it in half or into three sections. Cut along the fold.
- Then take your scissors and cut along the construction paper to create the brush part of the brown.
- Roll up the brush construction paper to create a small roll.
- Take a brown pipe cleaner and wrap it around the construction paper brush tightly.
- Invite your toddler or preschooler to use pony beads to thread along the pipe cleaner to decorate their witches broomstick!
Things To Talk About
This is a great fine motor activity for toddlers and preschoolers. As my twins were threading their beads we talked about the colours of the beads. Some of the beads I used were animals, I also had airplanes, stars and teddybears. We also talked about the different shapes and textures. We also talked about witches and practiced our best witches laugh!
Other Ways to Play
This activity is also great for practicing early math skills such counting and addition or subtraction. Pull out a dice and invite your child to roll it. Then have them thread that number of beads on their witches broomstick.
For older kids you can practice adding. Have them roll their dice once and thread that number of beads. Then have them roll it again and have them add the second number of beads to the broomstick. Let them count to determine the answer.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Yellow Construction Paper
- Brown Pipe Cleaner
- Pony Beans