INSIDE: Here are the BEST Halloween SENSORY BINS and SENSORY ACTIVITIES for toddlers and preschoolers for hours of fun this Halloween!
Sensory bins are perhaps the one activity that I can set up for my four year old that she is guaranteed to play with for hours and sometimes days. And Halloween is the perfect time of year to set one up!
They are amazing for building and using language, fine motor skills, math and just about any learning goal you have in mind for your toddlers and preschoolers.
Below is an incredible list of our favorite Halloween sensory bin ideas!
Setting Up a Sensory Bin
Setting up a sensory bin can feel daunting at first especially if you aren’t prepared.
But by following a few simple steps and establishing clear ground rules you and your toddler or preschooler can enjoy hours of fun together (you sipping your much needed coffee and them having fun with sensory play).
Here is a list of your Basic Supplies:
(This list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
Tips for Saving Sensory Bin Fillers
1. Use large ziplock bags to store sensory bin fillers such as coloured rice or split green peas.
2. Buy your supplies in bulk or at the dollar store to save.
Basic Sensory Bin Rules
When it comes to letting your toddler or preschooler play in a sensory bin it’s better to find a balance between letting them play and being prepared for a little mess and setting firm rules.
To achieve that balance I like to tape down a large plastic table cloth underneath the sensory bin and play area.
That way when wayward rice fly out of the bin you don’t panic because cleaning it up is as simple as picking up the plastic table cloth and tossing it.
The other half has to do with making sure your little one understands the golden rule of sensory bin play: the fillers stay inside the sensory bin.
Amazing Halloween Sensory Activity Ideas
- Halloween Candy Grab: Fine Motor Game by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Jack-O-Lantern Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Halloween “Eye”-Spy by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Eyeball and Pom Pom Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Pumpkin Bath by Busy Toddler
- Bat Slime by Little Bin for Little Hands
- Spooky Halloween Sensory Tub by No Time for Flashcards
- Candy Corn Slime – A Taste-Safe Slime for Halloween by Crayons and Cravings
- Magic Foaming Spiders: Halloween Sensory Play by Fun At Home With Kids
- Water Bead Halloween Sensory Bin by The OT Toolbox
- Spider Web Rescue by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Edible Glowing Spiderwebs Sensory Play by Fun at Home with Kids
- Pumpkin Scented Moon Sand by Parenting Chaos
- Bubbles and Spiders Sensory Bin for Halloween by Happy Toddler Playtime:
What You’ll Need: Bubble bath or dish soap, water and plastic spiders. Mix 1 part bubble bath and 2 parts 2 water in a sensory bin using a whisk. Invite toddler to hide the spiders in the bubbles and then search and find them
More Spooktacular Halloween Sensory Bins
- Monster Soup Halloween Sensory Bin by Productive Pete
- Witch’s Brew Halloween Soap Foam Sensory Bin by Views From the Step Stool
- Halloween Sensory Bin by Fire Flies and Mud Pies
- Halloween Gak Sensory Play by Mess for Less
- Let’s Dig out Bones: Halloween Sensory Activity by Pink Stripey Socks
- Ice Ghosts Sensory Bin by Finding the Golden Gleam
- Black Bat Sensory Bin by Pre-K Pages
- Fizzy Halloween Pumpkin Treasure Rocks by Left Brain Craft Brain
- Monster Oobleck by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Witches Potion Sensory Play by Clares Little Tots
- Halloween Fizzing Science Sensory Bin by My Bored Toddler
- Black Rice Sensory Bin for Halloween by Busy Toddler
- Jack-O-Lantern Squish Bag for Babies and Toddlers by Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Oobleck Spider Rescue by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Edible Eyeballs: Halloween Sensory Bin for Baby and Toddlers by Fun at Home with Kids
- Halloween Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Halloween Rice Bin with Eye Balls by Busy Toddler
- Witch’s Brew Sensory Bin for Halloween by My Bored Toddler
- Halloween Sensory Tub by Mommy Evolution
- H for Halloween Sensory Bin by Teaching Mama
- Playdough Halloween Play Ideas by One Time Through
- Halloween Goo Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Flowers and Pumpkins Sensory Soup by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Easy Monster Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
- Halloween Counting Sensory Bin by Caffeine and Pretweens
- Black Bean Sensory Bin by Little Ones Learn
Ghost Beans Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
What You’ll Need: Navy beans and clear plastic containers. Draw a ghost face on the containers using a dry erase marker or a washable black marker. Add spoons and scoopers to sensory bin. Invite child to scoop and fill the containers to make ghosts!
Shaving Cream and Pumpkins Sensory Bin by Happy Toddler Playtime
What You’ll Need: Shaving cream and mini pumpkins in a sensory bin. Add a smaller sensory bin with clean water and invite child to cover the pumpkins in shaving cream and then clean them off
WILL YOU TRY ANY OF THESE HALLOWEEN SENSORY BINS WITH YOUR TODDLER OR PRESCHOOLER? Pin it for later
Purchase your supplies now online at Amazon.com.