Check out this super easy to make Pumpkin Guts Slime! The perfect Halloween sensory play idea for kids of all ages.
If you want more slime recipes check out my Glow In the Dark Slime instructions here.
When you first make slime it will be sticky. That is just the nature of slime. Resist the urge to toss it or believe that you’ve failed. Stick with the kneading process. By continuing to mix your slime will slowly start to become less sticky.
I’ve tested this recipe lots of times and have produced awesome slime every time. No need to add any more of any ingredient, Just keep mixing!! Think of Dori from Finding Nemo: “Just keeping Mixing”
What Kind of Pumpkin Seeds To Use
You can use any type of pumpkin seeds you are comfortable letting your child play with. I used dried unsalted seeds.
How to Activate Your Slime
This is very important: To activate your slime you will need contact lens solution. Not every contact solution is created equal, at least when it comes to activating your slime. Make sure to purchase slime that has boric acid and sodium borate as the main ingredients. The brand that I like to use is Renu Fresh. If you use a contact lens solution without these ingredients your slime will not work.
How To Make Pumpkin Guts Slime
- Empty the entire bottle of Elmer’s clear glue into a bowl. To make a good amount of slime you will need the entire bottle. To get the residue, use a box cutter to cut open the top of the bottle and use a craft stick to scrap out as much of the glue as you can.
- Add 1/2 cup of warm water and mix.
- Next, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and mix thoroughly with the glue and water solution.
- Add some orange food coloring.
- Add 1 tablespoon of contact lens. Mix throughly. You slime will start to form at this point but it will be sticky.
- Add some pumpkin seeds. You can add a little now and then add more later on!
- Keep mixing until the slime becomes less sticky. Remember the slime will be very sticky at first, that is totally normal, keep mixing until the stickiness decreases.
- Start kneading with your hands to continue to chemical reaction and to reduce the stickiness. Resist the urge to add anymore contact lens solution or other ingredients. Your slime will slowly become less sticky as you knead it with your hands.
How to Play with You Pumpkin Guts Slime
Time to play with your pumpkin guts slime! Stretch it, squish it, knead it, squeeze it, pull it, smush it!
How to Store Your Pumpkin Guts Slime
Store your slime in an airtight container. It will last about a week. I like to store our slime in a ziplock Make sure to remove as much air as you can to ensure that the slime lasts as long as possible.
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 4, 4, and 8 year old.
This is a mess level is high.
Difficulty to Create
Skills Developed in Pumpkin Guts Slime
Sensory play, language development, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies for Pumpkin Guts Slime
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- 5 oz Bottle of Elmer’s Clear Glue
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of contact lens solution (contact lens solution must contain boric acid and sodium borate your slime will NOT work without it)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Orange food colouring
- Bowl for mixing
Looking for more Halloween Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Halloween Activities for Kids
- 40+ Halloween Sensory Bins
- 20+ Halloween Sticky Walls
- 30 Adorable Pumpkin Activities & Crafts
- 25+ Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids
- 31 Adorable Toddler Halloween Costumes
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- 20 Cool Ghost Activities & Crafts
- 20 Witch Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 40+ Spider Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20 Haunted House Crafts for Kids
- 24+ Skeleton Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20+ Bat Activities & Crafts for Kids
Check out My Books & TV Show!
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
This show is all about fun and easy crafts for toddlers and preschoolers.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.