INSIDE: The best Halloween activities and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers! Super fun and easy ideas for your kids to enjoy this Halloween!
UPDATED IN 2021, with new creative activities and crafts!
Here is a fantastic round up of the spookiest Halloween activities on Pinterest that you must try with your kids!
We have had tons of fun doing a lot of the items on this list and I plan to do the rest with my four year old and twins before Halloween arrives!
All the Best Halloween Activities your Kids Will Love
Looking for more Halloween Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Halloween Activities for Kids
- 40+ Halloween Sensory Bins
- 20+ Halloween Sticky Walls
- 30 Adorable Pumpkin Activities & Crafts
- 25+ Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids
- 31 Adorable Toddler Halloween Costumes
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- 20 Cool Ghost Activities & Crafts
- 20 Witch Crafts & Activities for Kids
From sensory to crafts to learning, this list will engage and entertain your toddler or preschooler all month long! They will be begging you to do more even after Halloween has come and gone!
Here is the list of FUN things to do this Halloween:
This fabulous Halloween activity resource is organized into three main categories:
- Sensory Activities — including sensory bins, bottles and bag!;
- Arts & Crafts Activities — everything from spiderwebs, to witches hats and more; and
- Learning Activities — including fine motor activities and activities for learning and practicing colours, number and letters.
OK Let’s get started!
Fun Sensory Halloween Activities
- Halloween Candy Grab
- Monster Hands Play Dough Invitation
- Play Dough and Pumpkins Invitation
- Jack-O-Lantern Sensory Bin for Toddlers
- Oobleck Spider Rescue
- Halloween Sensory Bin
- Eyeball Drop: Fine Motor Halloween Activity for Toddler
- Halloween Eye-Spy Sensory Bin
- Colored Water Sensory Bin: Googly Eye Soup by Fun at Home with Kids
- Halloween Goo Sensory Bin
- Halloween Sensory Play by Days with Grey
- Spider Web Rescue Sensory Bin
- Icy Eyes Monsters Sensory Play for Kids by Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Monster Oobleck
- Ghost Sensory Bin
Easy Halloween Arts & Crafts
- DIY Halloween Masks for Kids
- Spooky Art Surprise: Halloween Crayon Resist
- Pom Pom Painted Pumpkin Craft for Toddlers
- Mini Pumpkin Roll and Paint
- The Best Cardboard Box Haunted House Craft
- Painting with Spiders by Clare’s Little Tots
- Scrunched Paper Pumpkin Craft
- Cardboard Box Jack-O-Lantern Craft
- Halloween Drink – Mummy Water Bottles by Messy Little Monsters
- Marble Painted Ghost Craft
- Straw Pumpkin Fine Motor Craft
- Shape Monster Craft for Kids by Live Well Play Together
- Black Cat Sensory Bottle Craft
- Paper Plate Spiders by I Heart Crafty Things
- Halloween Toast with Edible Paint
- Ghost Sensory Bottle Craft
- Monster Sensory Bottle Craft
- Pumpkin Sensory Bottle Craft
- Halloween Colour Sorting
- Skeleton Sensory Bottle Craft
- Witch Hat Decorating
- Kitchen Tool Monsters
- Halloween Ghost Sticky Wall
- Finger Print Spider Web Craft
- Witch Sticky Wall
- Potato Masher Spider Craft
- Potato Masher Jack-o-Lantern Craft
- Monster Sticky Wall
- Washi Tape Skeleton
- Giant Toilet Paper Mummy Craft
- Pumpkin Drawing
- Halloween Spider Kids Craft by My Home Based Life
- Washi Tape Candy Corn Craft
- Shape Haunted House Craft
Halloween Learning Activities
- Halloween Candy Drop
- Pumpkin Presents: Colour Sorting
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- Halloween Magnetic Tile Puzzles
- Spider Counting Sensory Activity by A Dab of Glue Will Do
- Balance the Spiders: Halloween STEAM Activity
- Skeleton Sticky Wall
- Spectacular Spider Activities: Spidery Learning Activities by Early Learning Ideas
- Feed the Ghost Fine Motor Activity
- Spooky Skeleton Writing Tray
- Magnetic Tile Pumpkin Faces
- Pumpkin Shapes Sticky Wall
- Eye Ball Drop for Toddlers
- DIY Pumpkin Letter Puzzles
- Pumpkin Pom Pom Push
- Witches’ Broom Stick Fine Motor Activity
- DIY Halloween Sticker Cutting Cards
- Googly Eye Names
- Pumpkin Counting
- Tubes & Pumpkins
- Yarn Spider Web Sticky Wall
WILL YOU TRY ANY OF THESE HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES AND CRAFTS WITH YOUR LITTLE ONE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Engage your child in hours of play with my colorful collection of sensory bin activities that aid with memory formation, language development, problem-solving skills and more. Perfect for toddlers from eighteen months to three years old and beyond, each bin makes use of materials you already have at home and helps reignite your kids’ interest in toys long forgotten.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
3 thoughts on “50+ Fun & Easy Halloween Activities & Crafts”
Oh wow! What a “monster” list 🙂 I tried out the potato masher spiders with my son and they came out very well (and buggy) lol. Being a STEM blogger, I put together some ‘science-y’ Halloween activities here – https://kidpillar.com/best-halloween-resources-for-kids-history-diys-activities-movies-and-much-more/ – if you’re interested 🙂
Thank you! I will definitely check them out!
Mary Leigh @ Live Well Play Together
Thanks for sharing our Shape Monsters craft! We had so much fun doing that project and I hope others will enjoy it too! Lots of great ideas here!