INSIDE: This spider web suncatcher craft is a fun craft for kids for Halloween. Make a colourful spider web this Halloween with your kids! It makes a wonderful DIY Halloween decoration.
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Engage your child in hours of play with my colorful collection of sensory bin activities that aid with memory formation, language development, problem-solving skills and more. Perfect for toddlers from eighteen months to three years old and beyond, each bin makes use of materials you already have at home and helps reignite your kids’ interest in toys long forgotten.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Spider Web Suncatcher Craft for Kids
- Grab a sheet of black construction paper and fold it down to create a triangle, cut off the extra flap.
- Fold it again and then again.
- Fold it again cut of the extra flap.
- Start cutting the web along the fold. Cut a cut at the top and continue cutting down curving the cut to create the spider web shape.
- Grab a sheet of contact paper and cut off two pieces the same size as your spider web. Tape one sheet to a surface using masking tape with the paper side up.
- Peel the paper back off and lay your super web down on the sticky surface.
- Grab your tissue paper and cut it into squares.
- Use the squares to decorate your spider web on the contact paper.
- Once the entire web is covered, grab the second piece of contact paper. Peel off the paper backing and lay the sticky side on the spider web to seal it.
- Take your scissors and cut of the extra contact paper.
WATCH this video of the Spider Web Suncatcher Craft for Kids!
This activity is good for kids 4 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
Looking for more Halloween Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Halloween Activities for Kids
- 40+ Halloween Sensory Bins
- 20+ Halloween Sticky Walls
- 30 Adorable Pumpkin Activities & Crafts
- 25+ Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids
- 31 Adorable Toddler Halloween Costumes
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- 20 Cool Ghost Activities & Crafts
- 20 Witch Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 40+ Spider Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20 Haunted House Crafts for Kids
- 24+ Skeleton Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20+ Bat Activities & Crafts for Kids
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!