Are you looking to celebrate Dia de los Muertos this Halloween season? You have come to the right place. Day of the Dead is a joyous time that helps people remember the deceased and celebrate their memory. Here you will find a collection of some awesome Day of the Dead crafts and activities to do with your kids.
Dia de Los Muertos for Kids
Are you looking for some colourful and festive Day of the Dead crafts and activities to do with your kids?
I’ve created a roundup of some creative Dia de los Muertos activities and crafts to try this year. They are all super simple and engaging ideas that you can do at home or at school.
What is Dia De Los Muertos?
Dia de Los Muertos is lively Mexican celebration where families honor their ancestors.
It merges All Souls’ Day, a holiday that Spanish invaders brought to Mexico and the ancient Aztec custom of celebrating ancestors.
When is Dia De Los Muertos Celebrated?
It is celebrated mostly in Mexico on November 1 and 2.
How do People Celebrate Dia De Los Muertos?
The celebration starts at home with an altar filled with candles. The candles are used to help light the way so spirits are able to find their way back to their family members. The favorite foods of the deceased are also left at the alter or items beloved such as a books.
The celebration continues at the graveyard with a large party. Relatives prepare a massive feast to enjoy while they clean tombstones, chat with their ancestors and sing songs.
One of the iconic symbols of Dia de los Muertos are the skeletons. They can be made from clay, plastic or papier-mâché. The idea behind having the Skeltons is to remind the living that death is a part of life. Decorating with skeletons reminds people that one day they will to be skeletons.
20+ Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Crafts and Activities for Kids
1. Free Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Printable Colouring Pages for Kids
2. Free Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Animal Printable Colouring Pages for Kids
3. Day of the Dead Balloon Skull Craft
4. Make Paper Plate Calaveras Masks!
5. Make papel picado calaveras
6. Make Day of the Dead Planters
7. Pom Pom Skeleton
8. Day of the Dead Masks Sugar Skulls Free Printable
9. How to Make Marigolds for Day of the Dead
10. Glow In The Dark Day Of The Dead Lanterns
11. Wooden Spoon Sugar Skulls
12. Sugar Skull Balloon craft for Day of the Dead
13. Handprint Skeleton Craft For Dia De Los Muertos (Day Of The Dead)
14. Day of the Dead puppet
15. Paper Plate Sugar Skull Masks
16. Matchbox Shrines | Crafty Chica
17. Skull Rocks
18. Sugar Skull Rocks Using Puffy Paint
19. Paper Bag Skull Lantern
20. Sugar Skull Bookmark
21. Paper Day of the Dead Luminaries
22. Paper Strip Skeleton Craft
23. Play Doh Dia De Los Muertos Sugar Skull Kids Craft
Check out My Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.