INSIDE: Looking for fun hands on ways for your toddler or preschooler to learn their name before starting preschool? Check out these more than 50 name recognition activities, games and ideas your child will love!
Learning Your Name
Learning your name has never been more fun. It’s a key skill your little one will need to master when they start preschool. When my daughter started preschool at 3 years old, the very first thing we did when we entered her new school was try and find her name on the coat rack. She was so proud of herself when she found it among all the other names and immediately felt like she belonged.
We did many of these ideas before she started school so that she could comfortably recognition her name on her own. I have collected many more ideas that I will be doing with my toddler twins!
WANT MORE…100+ Fine Motor Activities & Crafts for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Name Recognition Activities
- Fingerprint Name – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Mega Blok Names – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Find Your Name – Day With Grey
- Cap Names – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Hidden Name Art Preschooler Name Activity – Fun and Fantastic Learning
- Dinosaur Name Printing – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Build My Name Apple Tree Game – Toddler Approved
- Sticker Name Recognition Activity – Busy Toddler
- Easy Clothespin Name Learning Activity for Preschoolers – School Time Snippets
- Jingle Bell Names – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Pool Noodle Name Recognition Activity – Preschooler Inspirations
- Googley Eye Names – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Easy Name Recognition Paper Chain for Preschoolers – School Time Snippets
- Leaf Name Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Name Recognition with Playdough Imprints – 123Homeschool4Me
- Post-It Name Match Learning Activity – Busy Toddler
- Dot Sticker Name Recognition Activity – Fun Learning for Kids
- Rainbow Name Writing Practice – Planning Playtime
- Ping Pong Push Name Recognition Activity – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Build Your Name: Preschool Name Activity – No Time For Flash Cards
- Learn your name sensory bin – NurtureStore
- Outdoor Name Art Painting Activity for Kids – Busy Toddler
- Make Your Own Foam Name Stamps – My Bored Toddler
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Name Craft – Toddler Approved
- Name Recognition Soup – Play Teach Repeat
- Easter Egg Name Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Crayon Resist Name Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
More Name Recognition Activities
- Cotton Ball Names – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Tape Resist Name Art For Kids of All Ages – Happy Hooligans
- Painting Your Name with Trains – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Rainbow My Name Puzzles – Powerful Mothering
- Marshmallow Name Craft for Preschoolers – Fun-A-Day
- Popsicle Stick Name Puzzles – How Wee Learn
- Rainbow Name Tracing Art Activity – The Kindergarden Connection
- Learn To Spell Your Name With Crayon Name Puzzles – Early Learning Ideas
- Train Track Names – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Building Names – Preschool Literacy Activity – Busy Toddler
- Post It Name Game for Kids – School Time Snippets
- Name Hockey – How We Learn
- Learn Your Name with Hot Wheels Cars – Frugal Fun For Boys and Girls
- Tape Your Name: Fun Invitation to Learn Names – Happy Tot Shelf
- Name Recognition Sensory Bin – Creative Family Fun
- Name Puzzles – No Time For Flashcards
- Sensory Name Recognition Activity – Play Teach Repeat
- Magnetic Letter Name Search Sensory Bin _ Powerful Mothering
- Name Recognition Scramble – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Name Recognition Activity with an Ocean Sensory Bin – Stay At Educator
- Learn Your Name I-Spy Bottle – Love and Marriage
- How to Make Name Bracelet Fine Motor Activity – Stir The Wonder
- Teach Kids to Spell Their Name with Kinetic Sand – Fun Learning for Kids
- Name Monster Puppets – Toddler Approved
- Name Unwrap – Happy Toddler Playtime. What you’ll need: Aluminum foil, sensory bin, coloured rice, magnetic fridge letters, black sharpie, paper. Wrap the letters of your child’s name, mom and dad in aluminum foil. Write name of your child, Mom, Dad on a sheet of paper using the shapie. But the letters into a sensory bin and add coloured rice. Invite your toddler or preschooler to unwrap the letters and name them to the names.
Even More Name Recognition Activities
53. Paper Cup Names – Happy Toddler Playtime.
54. Name Bags: A fun Name Recognition Sorting Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime. What you’ll need: Paper Bags, Construction paper, scissors and black sharpie. Write the name of your child on the bag, along with Mom and Dad. Fold and cut the construction paper into rectangles and write the name of your child and Mom and Dad on them. Create a few of these for your child to sort. Invite your child to sort each name into the proper bag.
55. Poke The Names – Happy Toddler Playtime. What you’ll need: Aluminum foil, muffin tin and black sharpie. Wrap the top a muffin tin in aluminum foil. Write name of your child, Mom, Dad on the foil above each of the holes of the muffin tin. Call out a name and invite your toddler or preschooler to poke the name you called.
I wrote a book of SENSORY BINS!
Pre-order your copy of Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids: 60 Easy Creative Play Projects that Boost Brain Development, Calm Anxiety and Build Fine Motor Skills