Create beautiful snowflakes this winter using clothespins! This easy clothespin snowflake craft is a fun way to make stunning snowflakes for the Christmas tree or to add to your winter decor!
How to make Clothespin Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Grab 8 clothespins. Start by taking them apart by removing the spring in the middle. Discard the spring and take the two wooden halves. Turn them around and glue them, using craft glue or a hot glue gun, back to back.
- Repeat the first step with the rest of the clothespins.
- Once you have eight glued clothespins, start to place them in the shape of a snowflake. Glue them together.
- Set it aside to dry. Make a few more!
Time to Paint and Decorate your Snowflake
- Paint the clothespin snowflake white.
Decorate the Snowflake
There are a few ways you can decorate your snowflake:
- Add glitter to the snowflakes before the paint dries.
- Let the paint dry and glue on gemstones, buttons, sequins or cotton balls.
- Decorate with glitter glue!
Hanging up your Snowflakes
- Grab a thin piece of string and thread it through one of the holes between the clothespin. Tie a knot and hang it up on your tree.
- You can also add the snowflake to a gift for a friend, teacher or loved one.
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
This activity is good for toddlers, and preschoolers, kindergarten aged children 18 months old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium. Use a tray to keep the paint and glitter from getting everywhere.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Clothespins (8 per snowflake)
- Hot glue gun or craft glue
- White paint and brush
- Silver Glitter, gem stones, glitter glue
- Thin string
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.