Here’s a fun way to make a snowman this winter using contact paper and cardboard!
How to Make A Sticky Snowman
- Grab a piec of cardboard.
- Trace a plate or bowl, one on top of the other to make the body and head of the snowman.
- Cut it out using craft knife or boxcutters.
- Cut off a piece of contact paper and peel of the paper backing and stick it on the back of the snowman with the stick side faces up.
Time to Decorate your Snowman
- Start building your snowman by adding button for the mouth and body.
- Add buttons for the eyes or you can use googley eyes.
- Cut out a carrot nose from orange foam sheets or construction paper. Stick them just below the eyes.
- Cut out an scarf from felt and stick it on the neck of your snowman.
- Cut a hat from black construction paper and gold sheet and stick it on the top the snowman.
Time to Make your snowman white!
- Fill a bowl with some cotton balls and invite your child to now cover the rest of the snow man with cotton ball for snow!
- They can either stick on whole cotton balls or pull them apart or use one or two balls and dab it on the contact paper leaving white fluff as your go!
Finishing up your Snowman
- This part is optional. Paint around the snowman on the cardboard using washable paint.
- Add some snowflakes all around as well or glitter.
- On the back, tape or glue a piece of string to allow you to hang the snowman on the wall or even on your tree. You can also gift it to a teacher, loved one or a friend!
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
This activity is good for toddlers, and preschoolers, kindergarten aged children 18 months old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium. Use a tray to keep the paint and glitter from getting everywhere.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Contact Paper
- Cotton balls
- Foam sheet
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.