Here’s a fun and festive craft for the the Holidays, a moving eye reindeer. Create a colorful reindeer with eyes that move! No, it’s not Christmas magic, just a bit of crafting magic!
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 100+ of the Best Christmas Activities & Crafts for Kids
- DIY Handmade Christmas Cards
- 25+ Easy Christmas Sensory Bins
- Easy DIY Advent Calendars
- 25+ Christmas Tree Crafts & Activities
- 24 Christmas Crafts You Can Do Right Now
- 21 Christmas Sticky Walls
- 25 Santa Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 25+ Christmas STEAM Activities
- 50+ Hanukkah Crafts and Activities
- 30+ Kwanzaa Crafts and Activities
How to Make A Moving Eye Reindeer Craft
Draw the Reindeer
Use the pictures below as a guide to drawing a reindeer with your child.
Time to Decorate
- Decorate the reindeer with oil pastels and watercolours.
- No need to decorate inside the eyes because we will cut them out after.
- Set aside to dry
Time to Cut out the eyes
- Pinch the eyes and make a cut and continue to cut out the rest of the eyes.
- Cut out a long strip of paper long and wide enough fit under the eyes of you cut.
- Draw the eyes on it with oil pastels and colorist with watercolour paint!
Time to attach the eyes
- Place the strip with the eyes on the back of the reindeer, add glue at least 2 cm away from the strip with the eye on it.
- Glue down a sheet of paper. Let it dry before starting to move the eyes.
- Turn it over and test out the moving eyes!
Add more Details
Add more decorations! Add things like glitters and Pom Poms on the antlers and glitter!
This activity is good for kindergarten aged children 4 years old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is low.
Difficulty to Create
Gross motor skills, language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Large white watercolour paper x2
- Permanent marker
- tempera watercolour cakes/paint,
- bowl of water paintbrush
- Oil Pastels or crayons
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.