INSIDE: Spinning Paper Plate Flower Craft is an easy craft for toddlers and preschoolers. Create a paper plate flower that spins when you turn it! This makes a great summer craft-tivity!
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made sensory play kits here.
I am so excited to announce that I wrote a book! Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! It comes out June 8th. Click here to pre-order it now!
How to Make a Spinning Paper Plate Flower Craft
- Grab your white paper plate, paint it as desired.
- Grab your cardboard tube and paint it green. Paint your craft stick green as well.
- Cut out one section from an egg carton. Paint it as desired.
- Let all your flower parts dry. Once dry its time to assemble the flower.
- Using the toothpick poke a hole in the center of the paper plate. Make the hole slightly larger using a pencil.
- Use the toothpick to poke a hole in the center of the cardboard tube about about a few inches from the top. Make it larger using the pencil.
- Use the toothpick to poke a hole in the egg carton and widen it slightly using the pencil.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half and fold it. Twist the holder ended so that the head is too big to fit through the holes you have made.
- Slide the pipe cleaner through the egg carton, then paper plate, then cardboard tube. Once both ends are through the cardboard tube spread them out.
- Test out your spinning flower. If it doesn’t turn easily, loosen your pipe cleaner.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White Paper Plate
- Cardboard Tube
- Washable Paint and brushes
- Egg carton
- Pipe Cleaner
- Craft Stick
- Green Construction Paper
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3, 3, and 6 year old.
Looking for more summer and outdoor activity ideas? Check out of these other round-ups for more ways to keep your toddler or preschooler busy this summer:
- 25+ Outdoor Water Activities to Keep Kids Cool This Summer
- 40+ Awesome Outdoor Learning Activities for Kids
- 30+ Easy Outdoor Art Projects for Kids
- 60+ Awesome Outdoor Activities for Kids
- 45+ Awesome Water Sensory Bins for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- 40+ Water Table Activities for Toddlers
- 21+ Spray Bottle Activities for Toddler
- 20 Amazing Backyard Obstacle Courses
- 21+ Amazing Summer Sensory Bins
- 25+ Adorable Summer Crafts for Toddlers
- 40+ Ice Sensory Play
- 12 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Toddlers + Kids