AHEAD: Now that school is almost out – I wanted to create a blog post that would make it easy for you to plan a few kid friendly crafts to do this summer.
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are some fun and easy ways to keep your child engaged while at the same time using sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made play kits here.
I am so excited to announce that I wrote a book! Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! It comes out June 8th. Click here to order it now!
One of my current obsessions when it comes to kid crafts is the potato masher. Who knew that it could be used to create so many fun creatures!
When using the potato masher you are only limited by your imagination. It’s easy to use and a great art tool for toddlers and preschoolers.
It is also something that everyone either has already in their kitchen or can include in their craft supplies!
Here is a list of simple crafts that you can do today with a few basic supplies. So if it’s a rainy summer day or if it’s too hot to be outside and you have a bored toddler or preschooler on your hand this is the list for you!
I have also have included a list of the basic supplies that you’ll need for these crafts.
Basic Supply List
(This list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Washable Kids Paints
- Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Rounded Potato Masher
- Plastic Fork
25+ Fun & Easy Summer Crafts
- Watermelon Sponge Painting by Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Button Snail Craft For Kids by I Heart Arts n Crafts
- Paper & Cupcake Liner Lemonade Craft – Glued to My Craft Blog
- Rocking Paper Plate Boat – The Madhouse Mummy
- Pretend Play Felt Popsicle Craft by Live.Craft.Love
- Fingerprint Baseball Craft for Kids by Crafty Morning
- Handprint Fish Puppets – Glued to My Craft Blog
- Colorful Jellyfish Craft by I Heart Crafty Things
- Cardboard Roll Shiny Pipe Cleaner Dragonflies by Our Kids Things
- Squirt Gun Painting by Fireflies and Mud Pies
- Cupcake Liner Fireworks Craft by A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Flip Flop Craft – Jennwa
- Ice Lolly Preschool Craft by Learning and Exploring Through Play
- Bubble Wrap Starfish Craft by Our Kid Things
- Cardboard Bird Feeder by Happy Toddler Playtime for Happy Hooligans
- Felt Pretend Play Popsicles – Kid Craft Idea For Summer – Glued To My Craft Blog
- Pom Pom Painted Watermelon
Looking for more summer activity ideas? Check out of these other round-ups for more ways to stay busy this summer:
- 25+ Outdoor Water Activities to Keep Kids Cool This Summer
- 40+ Awesome Outdoor Learning Activities for Kids
- 30+ Easy Outdoor Art Projects for Kids
- 60+ Awesome Outdoor Activities for Kids
- 45+ Awesome Water Sensory Bins for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- 40+ Water Table Activities for Toddlers
- 21+ Spray Bottle Activities for Toddler
- 20 Amazing Backyard Obstacle Courses
- 21+ Amazing Summer Sensory Bins
- 40+ Ice Sensory Play
- 12 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Toddlers + Kids