AHEAD: You will find 21 of the best hands on sight word activities for kindergartners. All of these ideas are fun for them and low prep for you. These ideas can help your kindergartner learn and practice their sight words. Hands on learning ideas that your kindgartner will enjoy and not even realize they are learning and practicing sight words!
Read more…55+ Easy Activities for Kindergartners
These amazing sight word activities are organized into 2 categories:
- Indoor Sight Word Activities; and
- Outdoor Sight Word Activities.
I hope you and your kindergartner will enjoy them! Happy Learning!!
Indoor Sight Word Games
- Ocean Sight Word Search (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Sight Word Ball Pit (The Kindergarten SmorgasBoard)
- Dot Sticker Sight Word Match (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Sight Word Target Practice (I Can Teach My Child)
- Shaving Cream Sight Words Game (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Post-it Memory Game (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Sight Word Find Literacy Activity (Busy Toddler)
- Sight Word Scratch (The Teaching Texan)
- Sticky Note Sight Word Match (The Kindergarten Connection)
- Baby Food Writing Tray (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Toss the Balloon Sight Word Game (Gift of Curiosity)
- Sight Word Practice on the Stairs, Hands on Learning (Hands On As We Grow)
- Sight Word Pebbles for Literacy Play (The Imagination Tree)
- Seashell Sight Word Practice (Fantastic Fun & Learning)
- Paint Writing Tray for Sight Word Practice (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Sight Word Painting (Tickled Pink in Primary)
Outdoor Sight Word Games
- Sight Word Bouce! Fun Outdoor Sight Word Game (Susan Jones Teaching)
- Sight Word Hop Scotch (The Happy Teacher)
- Sight Word Soccer (Coffee Cups and Crayons)
- Spray the Sight Word Game (Finding the Golden Gleam)
- Twister With Sight Words (Confidence Meets Parenting)
Stuck at home and still need more quick ideas? I have you covered! I have tons of roundups of for kids 0-6 year olds. Find them all here.
Pre-order your copy of my new book of sensory bins: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids: 60 Easy Creative Play Projects that Boost Brain Development, Calm Anxiety and Build Fine Motor Skills coming out October 27, 2020!