Make cool snowflakes with this easy toilet paper snowflake craft with your preschooler! It’s also a great way to practice name recognition this winter!
How to Make Toilet Paper Snowflakes
- Make five slits about 1 inch long along the top of a toilet paper tube.
- Fold down each tab.
- Cut out a ‘V’ shape in the middle of each tab.
- Then cut out another ‘V’ along each side of each tab.
Paint the Toilet Paper Snowflakes
- Pour of some white paint on a paper plate or piece of cardboard.
- Wither use a paint brush to paint the bottom of the toilet paper tabs or press it into the paint ensuring that all the tabs are fully covered in paint.
- Print the tub on a sheet of blue construction paper by pressing it down and using either a q-tip or a clean finger on each tab. Carefully pick it up and repeat until more paint is need.
Toilet Paper Name Craft
Turn this fun painting craft into a learning idea for preschoolers or kindergarteners by letting them trace the letters of their name in the middle of each snowflakes.
- Write one letter of their name in centre of each snowflake using a pencil.
- Invite your child to the trace the letters using a q-tip dipped into white paint.
Add some Glitter
Time to make this craft sparkle!
- Sprinkle some silver glitter on to the craft into the paint. Shake off any excess glitter.
Looking for more Winter Activities and Ideas? Check out these amazing round ups:
- 9+ Fun and Easy Winter Sticky Walls
- 20+ Snowflake Crafts & Activities
- 30+ Indoor and Outdoor Snow Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
This activity is good for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarteners. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Blue Construction paper
- White paper
- Cardboard or toilet paper tube
- Silver glitter
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years. And Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.