Create this adorable glitter snow penguin craft with your toddler or preschooler! It’s a fun and easy to set up craft idea for winter.
How to Make a Glitter Penguin Craft
Getting Set up
- Set up all the elements of the craft for your child before hand so they are able to make it mostly on their own without directions from you. This will give them some control over the craft and make it more individual and unique.
- Trace the outline of the penguins body and wings on a sheet of black construction paper using a white crayon or chalk.
- Cut out a beak and two webbed feet from orange construction paper.
- For the iceberg and the belly of the penguin cut it out from sheet of white construction paper.
- Set out a sheet of blue construction paper with the black construction with the outlines, beak, feet, belly and iceberg beside it.
- Fill a bowl with cotton balls and include a glue stick and scissors.
- Set two googley eye beside the construction paper pieces.
Craft the Body of the Penguin
- Invite your child to take a look at the picture in this post at the finished craft and invite them to craft one of their own.
- First, hav them cut out the body of the penguin and the wings.
- Have them glue the white belly of the penguin to the black body.
- Have them glue the cotton balls to the belloy.
- Glue on googley eyes, beak and feet.
Create the Glitter Snow Background
- Pour white glue into a bowl and added silver glitter to the bowl. Hand your toddler a paint brush and invite them to cover the entire blue construction paper with the glue glitter to create the snowy background.
- Stick on the white iceberg at the bottom of the page.
- Stick the penguin on to the iceberg.
Looking for more Winter Activities and Ideas? Check out these amazing round ups:
- 9+ Fun and Easy Winter Sticky Walls
- 20+ Snowflake Crafts & Activities
- 30+ Indoor and Outdoor Snow Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
This activity is good for toddlers aged children 2.5 years old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Black, white, orange and blue construction paper
- Glue stick
- White school glue
- Silver glitter
- White crayon or chalk
- Googley eyes
- Cotton balls
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years. And Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.