Blow Up Christmas Tree Craft is a fun Christmas craft and toy for kids of all ages! Create a colourful Christmas tree that you can blow up with your breath again and again!
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
How to Make A Blow Up Christmas Tree
- Cut out a star from sparkly gold foam sheet.
- Lay a plastic glove flat on a surface. Draw a lines all along the glove for the Christmas tree lights.
- Stick small dot stickers along the line for the Christmas lights.
- Use double sided tape to stick the star on one of the fingers of the glove.
- Use scissors to poke a small hole at the bottom of a paper cut large enough to fit a straw through.
- Cut a bendy straw in half. Bend it and insert the bendy straw part into the hole. Make sure it fits snuggly.
- Place the opening of the glove over the top of the cup and secure it with masking tape.
How to Blow up the Christmas Tree
Make sure that there is no sticky backing exposed that may catch of the glove.
Stuff the tree glove into the cup. Blow it up using the straw.
Make sure that there are no holes in glove or ways for airs to escape under the tape or the hole where the straw is. Don’t blow too hard, depending on how strong your glove is, blowing too hard can pop up.
This activity is good for toddlers, pre-k, kindergarten aged children 2 years old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
Mess Level for Blow Up Christmas Tree Craft for Kids
The mess level for this activity is low.
Difficulty to Create
Gross motor skills, language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies for Blow Up Christmas Tree Craft for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- plastic glove
- double sided tape
- foam sheets
- small dot stickers
- paper cup
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.