Make Giant Paper Bag Snowflakes with your kids this holiday and winter season! It’s a fun and easy craft for kids of all ages. Make giant snowflakes to display!
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
How to Make a Giant Paper Bag Snowflakes
- Grab 9 white or brown paper bags. Line them all up so that the tops of the bags are all facing the same way.
- Glue the bags together by putting glue only along the middle and bottom of the bags in a T shape.
- Cut out triangles from card stock and invite your child to trace a triangle on either side of the bags (with the tops facing up).
- Invite them to draw a C and a backwards C on the top corners of the the paper bag.
- Adult activity: Cut along the lines cut the shapes hour child has drawn.
- Spread out the snowflake and check out your design!!
- Glue the two last bags ends together in the same T-shape.
Time to Decorate the Paper Bag Snowflakes
- Decorate your snowflake with watercolor paint, regular washable paints or paint sticks.
- Set them aside to dry.
- In the mean time, decorate the string with beads and colourful paper straws. Thread an embroidery needle and thread wooden beads and paper straws on the string.
- Use a hold punch to create a hole at the top of the snowflake.
- Thread string through the hole and tie it into a knot.
- Hangs it up and make more!
Looking for more Winter Activities and Ideas? Check out these amazing round ups:
- 9+ Fun and Easy Winter Sticky Walls
- 20+ Snowflake Crafts & Activities
- 30+ Indoor and Outdoor Snow Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
This activity is good for toddlers, and preschoolers, kindergarten aged children 18 month old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old. Adult supervision is required.
The mess level for this activity is medium. Use a tray to help protect table or lay newsprint or craft paper on the table.
Difficulty to Create
Gross motor skills, language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- 9 white or brown lunch paper bags
- Glue stick
- Paint sticks
- Hole punch
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.