Cardboard bicycle craft is a fun and easy craft for preschoolers and kindergartners. Create your very own bicycle craft you can take for a spin!
How to Make A Cardboard Bicycle Craft for Kids
- Cut four cardboard strips about 10 cm long, cut one cardboard strip about 7 cm long and cut three cardboard strips about 5 cm long.
- Glue one 5 cm strip to the top of one 10 cm strip in a T shape. Repeat this step for another set.
- Glue two 10 cm strips together in a V shape (or less than symbol). Repeat this step with the last two 7 cm strips in a greater than symbols.
- Decorate the strips using paint sticks.
- Assemble the bicycle by gluing the larger V to the middle of one T. Glue the open part of the V to the second T. Glue the smaller V or greater than symbol to the second T. Use the picture below for reference.
- Grab 2 paper plates and poke a hole in the middle using scissors and insert a brad.
- Poke a hole in the front T and the back section of the bicycle and attach the wheels.
- Decorate the wheels but glueing on paper straws for the wheel spokes.
- Add some flair! Use stickers to decorate your bicycle or add tassels!
Age Suitability for Easy Cardboard Bicycle Craft for Kids
This activity is good for toddlers, pre-k, kindergarten aged children 18 months old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is low.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies for Easy Cardboard Bicycle Craft for Kids
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- paper plates
- paper straws
- star stickers
- paint sticks
Books & TV Show!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.