INSIDE: LEGO Car Wash Sensory Bin is a fun and easy sensory bin activity that your toddler or preschooler is going to love! Let them build and then wash their LEGO trucks and cars in their very own carwash!
Water Sensory Bins
I love a good water sensory bin and this LEGO car wash sensory bin is no exception. When I had the idea I honestly couldn’t believe that I hadn’t though of it before! Of course! Washing LEGO! So fun! I have frozen lego before but never washed it like in this activity.
We used our DUPLO LEGO set for this activity. This was perfect because we had a number vehicles with that set to use in the activity. So many that there was a line up of cars to get into the car wash (pretty much exactly like a real car wash!)
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made sensory play kits here.
I am so excited to announce that I wrote a book! Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! It comes out June 8th. Click here to pre-order it now!
How to Set Up Lego Car Wash Sensory Bin
- I wish I had thought about letting my toddler build the car wash themselves before doing this activity. For preschoolers, I would let them build it themselves. They can design their own car wash. You can show them this picture for inspiration.
- Using foam sheets create the foam washing brushes so iconic to car washes. I also created a small sign saying Car wash.
- Attached these to the front of the car wash using duct tape. NOTE: As my toddler played the adhesive on the tape started to give and I eventually removed the the foam washing brushes. But it did not effect how much fun they still had with this activity.
- Next prepare two squeeze bottles. The first will have a small amount of washable brown paint and the rest with water to create the “dirt” your child will put on the cars and trucks. (If you are doing this activity outside your could create a watery mud solution for them to squeeze on. The second squeeze bottle will have soapy water in it.
- Hand your toddler or preschooler a few sponges and let them play!
How They Played with the LEGO Car Wash Sensory Bin
First off, this was an instant hit and I had to refill the squeeze bottles with “dirt” and soap several times. I didn’t want to give them larger containers of these materials since it would have created a large mess. The squeeze bottles are a great fine motor tool and they also helped to contain the mess.
They loved dirty up the cars and then scrubbing them clean again with the soapy water and sponges! We did this activity inside in the winter but I plan to do it again this summer outside!
This activity is good for kids 2.5 years and up . My kids are 3, 3, and 6 year old.
Looking for more summer and outdoor activity ideas? Check out of these other round-ups for more ways to keep your toddler or preschooler busy this summer:
- 25+ Outdoor Water Activities to Keep Kids Cool This Summer
- 40+ Awesome Outdoor Learning Activities for Kids
- 30+ Easy Outdoor Art Projects for Kids
- 60+ Awesome Outdoor Activities for Kids
- 45+ Awesome Water Sensory Bins for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- 40+ Water Table Activities for Toddlers
- 21+ Spray Bottle Activities for Toddler
- 20 Amazing Backyard Obstacle Courses
- 21+ Amazing Summer Sensory Bins
- 25+ Adorable Summer Crafts for Toddlers
- 40+ Ice Sensory Play
- 12 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Toddlers + Kids
The Best Book of Sensory Bins
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.