Here is one of the most fun Christmas/Winter activities we have done so far this year – make popsicle stick snowflakes! So fun and easy, it makes the perfect toddler or preschooler craft for the Holidays! Make lots and let them get creative and decorate them how ever they choose!
Craft Stick for Snowflake
To make these snowflakes you can use painted or unpainted popsicle sticks. If you have unpainted sticks, you can paint them white, Complete thus step before glueing them together to make the snowflake.
If you are using painted popsicle sticks you can stick theirs step and start boiling your Snowflake!
How To Make Popsicle Stick Snowflakes
- Grab 4 popsicles sticks in the same color and create an X with them. Glue them together using a glue gun or create tacky glue.
- Glue on two more sticks to create a snowflake design. Set them aside to dry if you are using craft glue.
Time to Decorate your snowflakes!
- Decorate your snowflakes using glitter glue, gem stones, cotton balls, pom poms, buttons, sequins, or whatever you have on hand.
- Attach your decoration using glitter glue, regular white glue to craft glue. Set it aside to dry.
- Once dry, turn the popsicle stick snowflake over and attach a short string on the back using a hot glue gun to craft glue. Let it dry if you’re using craft glue before hanging it up on your tree or attach it to a gift for a friend, teacher or loved one.
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
This activity is good for toddlers, and preschoolers, kindergarten aged children 18 months old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old.
The mess level for this activity is medium. Use a tray to keep the paint and glitter from getting everywhere.
Difficulty to Create
Language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Popsicle sticks
- Pom Pom (medium or small)
- Glitter glue
- Cotton ball
- Optional: White Washable kids paint (white)
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.