INSIDE: Q-tip turkey feather trace and count -Dye Turkey Craft is an easy fine motor and counting activity for toddlers and preschoolers. Practice counting will working on pre-writing skills this Thanksgiving!
Q-Tip Turkey Feather Trace
This activity is a great hands-on way for toddlers and preschoolers to practice their pre-writing skills during Thanksgiving. Your little one will use a q-tip to trace along with turkey feathers while at the same counting. This brightly coloured math activity also involves painting. A wonderful mix of learning and fun!
Looking for more Fun Thanksgiving Crafts? Check out these fun ideas:
How to Make Q-Tip Turkey Counting Cards
- Fold your orange construction paper twice and use the scissors to cut it into 4 small rectangles.
2. Draw a turkey, with eyes, beak and snoods using your brown, red and orange markers.
3. Write a number in the turkey body including a dots to represent that number.
4. Draw that number of feathers around the turkey to correspond to the number on the turkey.
For Preschoolers: You can not draw the feathers and let them create them on their own while they count.
For Toddlers: Draw the feathers and let them trace to help them practice learning one to one correspondence and counting.
Time to Trace Turkey Feathers
Add a few blogs of your washable kids paint to a paper plate and set your q-tips beside it. Invite your toddler or preschooler to use the q-tips to trace the feathers. For toddlers, demonstrate how to do this for them by tracing one of the feathers using the q-tips while they watch.
Playful Questions to Ask
How many feathers are on the first turkey?
What colour did you make when you mixed ____ and ____?
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Red and orange construction paper
- Brown, red and orange Sharpie or marker
- Washable kids paint
- Paper Plate