INSIDE: Create this unique pumpkin craft with your kids this Halloween – a yarn lacing pumpkin craft that makes a great addition to any Halloween decor this season! It is a great craft to help strengthen fine motor skills of preschoolers and older kids!
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Yarn Lacing Pumpkin Craft
- Grab a paper paper plate. Fold it in half and cut out the middle circle to create a ring.
- Paint the ring orange using orange paint. Set it aside to dry.
- Once dry, take a single hole punch and punch holes all along the inside of the ring.
- Take some orange yarn and tie a knot at the end.
- Invite your little one start lacing through the center of the pumpkin ring. Help them lace it through the holes across from each other to create a web pattern. TIP: I forgot to do this but a good way to ensure that they create a web is to label each hole with numbers. Have them follow the numbers in order to create a web. I wish I had thought of this idea when I first did it with my daughter but she still really enjoyed this activity and once it was done wanted to do more!
- Once you are done lacing, cut out jack-o-lantern face pieces from black construction paper and glue them down on the yarn to create a jack-o-lantern!
- Cut a stem from green construction paper and glue it to the back of the paper plate.
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Orange paint
- Paper plate
- Single hole punch
- Orange yarn
- Black and green construction paper
- Craft Glue
Looking for more Halloween Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Halloween Activities for Kids
- 40+ Halloween Sensory Bins
- 20+ Halloween Sticky Walls
- 30 Adorable Pumpkin Activities & Crafts
- 25+ Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids
- 31 Adorable Toddler Halloween Costumes
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- 20 Cool Ghost Activities & Crafts
- 20 Witch Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 40+ Spider Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20 Haunted House Crafts for Kids
- 24+ Skeleton Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20+ Bat Activities & Crafts for Kids
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!