Decorate a plain boring hanger with yarn to create a beautiful unique gift. This Yarn Wrapped Hanger is a fun and easy craft perfect for kids to make. This make a unique handmade gift for Mother’s Day, Christmas or any other occasion your child needs to make a gift.
Looking for more Mother’s Day Crafts? Check out this list for toddlers:
Yarn Wrapped Hanger Craft for Kids
- Grab a wire or felt hanger. I used a felt hanger and these turned out great!
- Tie a piece of colourful yarn to the the top of the hanger and start wrapping it around.
- My kids found it easier to wrap using shorter pieces of yarn. Once you have reached the end of the yarn, tie another piece of colourful yarn to it and then start wrapping again.
- Repeat this until the entire hanger is complete.
- Tuck the ends of the yarn along the hanger and wrap the yarn around it to cover it.
- Cut off any loose ends once complete.
- Cut out a tag and write Happy Mother’s Day or a personal message.
- Use a single hole punch to make a hole and thread a pipe cleaner through. Wrap it around the top of the hanger.
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 4, 4, and 7 year old.
This is not a messy activity. Mess level is at the lowest.
Difficulty to Create
Colour recognition, language development, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
Supplies for Yarn Wrapped Hanger Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Wire or felt hanger
- Colorful yarn
- Single hole punch
- Pipe cleaner
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Toddler Homeschool Program
I am currently developing a new Toddler Homeschool Curriculum called Play2Learn Toddler Homeschool Program. Be sure to sign up for my newsletters so that you get first dibs when it is released!