INSIDE: This super easy spider craft uses a fun and classic painting technique perfect for toddlers and preschoolers – Paint Splat!This make the perfect afternoon crafting treat for you little one this Halloween! Create a spooky spider with paint!
Paint splat painting technique is super easy and something you may remember from your own childhood! It make the perfect way to create the body for this spooky spider. If you are doing this craft with more than one child every spider will be different, creating a wonderful opportunity to observe the difference in the paint splats. If you are doing this craft at home, make one yourself so you and your little one can talk about the different shapes you made with the paint splat!
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Engage your child in hours of play with my colorful collection of sensory bin activities that aid with memory formation, language development, problem-solving skills and more. Perfect for toddlers from eighteen months to three years old and beyond, each bin makes use of materials you already have at home and helps reignite your kids’ interest in toys long forgotten.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Easy Paint Splat Spider Craft
- Lay something on your table to protect it in case some paint spills out the sides as you are doing this craft.
- Grab a sheet of white cardstock or construction paper and fold it in half.
- Open it up again and add a few drops of black paint on paper on one side in the center. Don’t add to much paint as it may spill out the sides.
- Fold it in half again and use your fingers to gently spread out the paint. Be careful not to let any spill out! But that’s ok if it does.tekno
- Open up you sheet of paper and take a look at your spider body! Cool right! Compare splats!
- Cut out eight legs from black construction paper, fold them in half and glue them to the the paint splat.
- Grab some googley eyes in various sizes and glue them down on the body of the spider.
WATCH this video of the Easy Paint Plate Spider Craft!
This activity is good for kids 2 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White Card Stock or construction paper
- Washable black kid’s paint
- Black construction paper
- Googely eyes in various sizes
Looking for more Halloween Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Halloween Activities for Kids
- 40+ Halloween Sensory Bins
- 20+ Halloween Sticky Walls
- 30 Adorable Pumpkin Activities & Crafts
- 25+ Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids
- 31 Adorable Toddler Halloween Costumes
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- 20 Cool Ghost Activities & Crafts
- 20 Witch Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 40+ Spider Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20 Haunted House Crafts for Kids
- 24+ Skeleton Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20+ Bat Activities & Crafts for Kids
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!