INSIDE: This adorable paper plate pumpkin craft is a great Halloween craft for toddlers and preschoolers! Create a cute pumpkin or jack-o-lantern this Halloween using tissue paper!
Bleeding Tissue Paper Crafts
This craft is alot of fun and involves painting with tissue paper! But not just any tissue paper – bleeding tissue paper. This is the tight of tissue you paper you wouldn’t want to wrap gifts in. Bleeding tissue actually bleed colour when it gets wet! Thus is makes a great way to create this adorable pumpkin craft for any toddler or preschooler! To paint with bleeding tissue paper you don’t need a lot of water, so only fill up the bowl with a small amount of water.
That being said, toddlers and preschoolers will be well toddlers and preschoolers so I suggest to help contain any potential mess to have them do this craft inside of a baking dish. I also suggest doubling up on the paper plates!
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Engage your child in hours of play with my colorful collection of sensory bin activities that aid with memory formation, language development, problem-solving skills and more. Perfect for toddlers from eighteen months to three years old and beyond, each bin makes use of materials you already have at home and helps reignite your kids’ interest in toys long forgotten.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
- Grab a white paper plate and cut out the stem of the pumpkin and glue to the bottom of another white paper plates.
- Cut your orange and green bleeding tissue paper into squares and invite your child to place them on the paper plate.
- Have them dip the paint brush into the water and add a small amount of water to the tissue paper to help it stick to the plate. Watch as the colour bleeds off! Let them paint with the coloured water or add more tissue paper until the entire plate is covered in orange!
- Do the same to the stem with green bleeding tissue paper.
- Set it aside to dry.
- Cut out the eyes, nose and mouth of the jack-o-lantern.
- Once the paper plate has dried somewhat let your little one glue the face on to their pumpkin!
WATCH this video of the Easy Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft!
This activity is good for kids 2 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- White Paper Plates
- Orange bleeding tissue paper
- Black Construction Paper
- Paint brush
Looking for more Halloween Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Halloween Activities for Kids
- 40+ Halloween Sensory Bins
- 20+ Halloween Sticky Walls
- 30 Adorable Pumpkin Activities & Crafts
- 25+ Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids
- 31 Adorable Toddler Halloween Costumes
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- 20 Cool Ghost Activities & Crafts
- 20 Witch Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 40+ Spider Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20 Haunted House Crafts for Kids
- 24+ Skeleton Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20+ Bat Activities & Crafts for Kids
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!