INSIDE: How cute is this Scrunched Paper Black Cat Craft!! Such as fun way to create a black cat for Halloween. This adorable black cat craft is made using tissue paper and is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and older kids too!
Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Paper Scrunched Cat Craft
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Scrunched Paper Black Cat Craft
- Grab a sheet of black tissue paper and scrunch it up into a ball. Glue it down to a sheet of construction paper. Press it down to flatten it.
- Grab another sheet of black tissue paper, cut it in half and scrunch that into a ball. Glue that down directly above the larger ball. This will be the head of the cat. Press it down to flatten it.
- Grab the other half of the black tissue paper and scrunch it up into a long tail. Glue it down directly beside the cat body. Curl it at the top.
- Glue down two googley eyes.
- Grab a black pipe cleaner, cut them in half and twist them around. Glue them down below the eyes.
- Grab a sheet of pink tissue paper and cut off a small piece and scrunch it up into a small ball for the cat nose. Glue it down on top of the pipe cleaner whiskers.
- Cut two triangles out the black construction paper and glue them down above the cat’s head as ears.
This activity is good for kids 3 years and up. My kids are 3.5, 3.5, and 7 year old.
Supplies for Scrunched Paper Black Cat Craft
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
Looking for more Halloween Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 50+ Halloween Activities for Kids
- 40+ Halloween Sensory Bins
- 20+ Halloween Sticky Walls
- 30 Adorable Pumpkin Activities & Crafts
- 25+ Pumpkin Painting Ideas for Kids
- 31 Adorable Toddler Halloween Costumes
- 19 Halloween Sticker Activities
- 20 Cool Ghost Activities & Crafts
- 20 Witch Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 40+ Spider Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20 Haunted House Crafts for Kids
- 24+ Skeleton Crafts & Activities for Kids
- 20+ Bat Activities & Crafts for Kids
STEAM Activity Book
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!