Check out this list of fun and easy 4th of July crafts and activities for kids of all ages to celebrate Independence Day!
As the Fourth of July approaches, it’s time to gear up for a day of celebration and creativity with your little ones! The Fourth of July is a perfect occasion to engage children in fun and festive crafts that not only ignite their imagination but also allow them to express their patriotism. In this blog post, we’ve gathered a collection of exciting and easy Fourth of July crafts for kids that will add an extra sparkle to your Independence Day festivities. From DIY fireworks and American flag crafts to patriotic accessories and decorations, these crafts will inspire your child’s creativity and provide endless hours of holiday fun.
Crafting on the Fourth of July not only keeps children entertained but also gives them an opportunity to learn about the history and significance of this special day. It’s a chance to explore themes of patriotism, freedom, and unity while engaging in hands-on activities. These crafts encourage fine motor skills, color recognition, and imaginative thinking, making them an ideal way to celebrate while fostering your child’s growth and development.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, attending a community parade, or simply enjoying quality time with your family, these Fourth of July crafts will add a personal touch to your festivities. So, gather your materials, prepare for a burst of creativity, and let the crafting adventure begin. Watch as your child’s face lights up with pride as they proudly display their handmade creations, celebrating the spirit of Independence Day and creating cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
WILL YOU TRY FOURTH OF JULY CRAFTS & ACTIVITIES WITH YOUR TODDLER OR PRESCHOOLER? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Our DIY Summer Camp Package has everything you need to keep your kids off screens, keep them engaged and to create magical memories right in your own home. With 10+ themes, 130+ engaging activities, and valuable tips for a memorable summer, this package is your passport to a season of fun and learning. Let’s dive into the details and discover why our camp package is the must-have resource for your best summer!
- 10+ Weeks of Easy Themed Summer Camp Ideas for Kids 2-6!
- 130+ creative summer activities, crafts, science experiments, sensory play activities and recipes and more.
- Article: “10 Practical Tips for a Memorable Summer with Kids.”
- Article: “Sibling Harmony: 10 Practical Tips for Keeping the Peace and Managing Sibling Conflict”
- Full supply list for each week.
Fourth of July Crafts for Kids
- Make a Music Shaker this 4th of July – Stay At Home Educator
- Salt Art Painting for Kids – Gluesticks Blog
- Paper Bag Uncle Sam – Crafts on Sea
- American Flag Suncatcher – No Time for Flash Cards
- 4th of July Craft Idea Patriotic Kids Blower – Natural Beach Living
- Paper Plate Uncle Sam for Preschool – Red Ted Art
- Egg Carton American Flag Craft for Kids – Crafty Morning
- Make A Super Fun Rocket Flyer – Brain Power Boy
- Painter’s Tape Kids Flag Art – White House Black Shutters
- Tin Can Windsock Craft for Kids – Real Creative Real Organized
- Q-Tip Fireworks Craft for Kids – Crafty Morning
- Handprint American Flag – The Soccer Mom Blog
- 4th of July Easy Craft for Kids – Paper Plate Wreath – Crafts by Ria
4th of July Activities for Kids
- Fabulous Red, White and Blue Patriotic Sensory Bin – Life Over Cs
- 4th of Just Red, White and Blue Science Experiment – Kindergarten Worksheet and Games
- Patriotic Magic Milk – The STEM Laboratory
- 4th July Sensory Ice Play – Play Ground Park Bench
- Frozen Stars Melting Baking Soda Summer Science Activity – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Beautiful Fluffy Patriotic Slime for Red, White and Blue Fun – Steamsational
- Fourth of July Jello Play for Toddlers – Toddler Approved
- USA Sensory Bottles. – Pocket of Preschool
Toddler and Preschooler Curriculums, Books & TV Show!
Play2Learn Toddler & Preschool Programs for Curious Toddlers
There is no limit to your toddler’s energy and curiosity. That energy and curiosity although a joy can be challenging at times. Their interest in just about everything around them is what makes them great learners. One and two year olds can soak up so much just from their senses!
But as a teacher or parent that thirst for learning can be exhausting. That is why I created this toddler and preschooler program. To help you get the most out of this time with your curious toddler without having to come up with creative ways to play and interact with them.
Play2Learn for Toddlers includes 20 Units for toddlers. Each 2-week toddler unit has 20 super easy to set up and engaging activities for toddlers 18 months to 3 years.
Play2Learn Preschool which includes 20 Units for preschoolers. Each 2-week preschoolers unit has 20 unique and easy to set up and engaging activities for preschoolers 3 years to 5 years. That’s over 800 learning activities for your toddler and preschooler at your fingertips! So many ideas you and your child will never be bored again!
These toddler and preschool lesson plans and activities will definitely keep you and your toddler and preschooler busy playing and learning!
Click here for more information: Play2Learn
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to share my crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched in July 2022 on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube! Season 2 airs in the summer of 2023! We were also nominated in 2023 for Best Live Action Preschool Series by the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.