INSIDE: 10+ Fun and Easy Juneteenth Crafts and Activities for kids! Celebrate Juneteenth and to focus on the efforts that still remain to close gap racial inequities.
What is Juneteenth?
Juneteenth recently became a national holiday in the US – Juneteenth National Independence Day. It is celebrated on June 19. It is a day to commemorate the anniversary of the announcement of General Order No. 3 by Union Army general Gordon Granger on June 19, 1865, proclaiming freedom for slaves in Texas.
Juneteenth is a day to recognize because it signifies the end of slavery despite all the work that still needs to happen for Black people in the US are still fighting for complete equality.
I am not American, but I found it appalling that more people don’t know about the Holiday. Every child should celebrate this holiday and know its meaning.
More Juneteenth Resources for Kids
- Juneteenth Facts & Worksheets
- Juneteenth Britannica Kids
- What is Juneteenth? How to Explain the History of the Holiday To Kids
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are a fun and easy way to keep your child engaged while at the same time capitalizing on the benefits of sensory play to nurture their mind!
Shop our ready made sensory play kits here.
Looking for a fun activity book for your preschooler this summer? Check out my new book Super STEAM Activity Book: Launch Learning with Fun Mazes, Dot-to-Dots, Search-the-Page Puzzles, and More! ! Click here to learn more or order it now!
10+ Amazing Juneteenth Crafts for Kids
- Juneteenth Windsock Craft (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Popsicle Stick Flag Celebrating Juneteenth for Kids (Crafting A Fun Life)
- Juneteenth Painted Pasta Necklace (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Easy Craft: Juneteenth Flag (Black Iowa)Juneteenth
- Juneteenth Suncatcher Craft (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Juneteenth Flag Sticky Wall (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- DIY Confetti Poppers for Juneteenth (Crafting A Fun Life)
- Juneteenth Sensory Bin (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Juneteenth Recycled Cardboard Flag Craft for Kids (Crafting A Fun Life)
- Kids’ Craft to Celebrate Juneteenth (Juneteenth Group Project)
- Juneteenth Button Flags Craft (Happy Toddler Playtime)
These activities are good for kids 4 years and up. My kids are 3, 3, and 6 year old.
Looking for more Anti-Racism Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
- 30+ Anti-Racism Activities for Kids
- The Best Anti-Racism Toys for Kids
- Black History Month Activities & Crafts for Kids