30+ of the best activities indoor to do in the Fall with Kids. A creative collection of fun ideas to keep you and your little one busy all fall.
Fall is the best time of year to get outside and plan activities with your kids. The winter is coming and doing outdoor activities is going to get more challenging (although still completely do able). But the colours and sights that fall brings is unparalleled all year.
Nature is bursting with colour and bounty and to help you get the most out of your fall, I have put together a list of some indoor and outdoor activities you can do with your kids this fall. From picking apples to making apple crafts, to glow in the dark bowling to baking bread in a bag! Check out this must-do list of amazing activities for Fall.
30+ Fun Things to Do This Fall with Kids
- Build a Leaf Maze in your backyard or even at the park with the neighbours using fallen leaves and your imagination!
- Go Apple Picking.
- Make A Festive Corn Craft. Use a potato masher or bubble wrap to make a corn craft.
- Paint with mini pumpkins. Tape a sheet of paper to bottom of a large Tupperware container, add mini pumpkins and some drops of washable kids paint and roll and paint with the pumpkins.
- Make a unique looking turkey feathers for a turkey craft using a salad spinner!
- Do a Corn Maze. You can tack this on to a visit to an apple orchard if you’re lucky or head to a farm that has one.
- Scoop Some Pumpkins. Grab some mini pumpkins and place them in a sensory bin (large under the bed storage container). Add some water, bowls, large spoons and a soup ladle.
- Make delicious bread in a bag! Yup you read that right! It’s surprising delicious and the perfect way for kids to make bread this fall.
- Make a Creative Apple Craft using items from your kitchen and craft drawer. For these apples you’ll need wax paper, construction paper and paint.
- Glow in the Dark Bowling. Grab 6 large plastic bottles and place a few glow sticks inside. Line the bottles up outside on the grass in the evening or in a dark room such as in a basement. Invite your child to use a ball to knock down the pins using a ball! Great fun for the entire family!
- Rescue Thanksgiving Dinner. This is one of our favourites sensory bins every fall. You’ll need a sensory bin (or large storage container), add all your play good that you and your family normally would have during Thanksgiving. Items like vegetables, chicken (for Turkey), desserts. Then place washi tape or painters tape across the bin in a web pattern. Hadn’t your little one tongs and let them try and reduce the dinner without touching the web!
- Go on a Fall Scavenger Hunt. Grab a free printable from here.
- Make A Halloween Craft out of leaves. Head outside and gather up some freshly fallen. Use them to make a witch, spider or pumpkin!
- Apple STEAM using Magnets. Play with magnets and pipe cleaners. First craft some apples in different sizes and then pick or collect them from a sensory bin filled with rainbow rice!
More Fun Things to Do This Fall with Kids
- Go to the Zoo.
- Sink of Float Fall Science Experiment. Ever wonder what items from your Thanksgiving dinner would sink or float? I know me too! Well, even if you haven’t this sink of float Thanksgiving activity is a great way to learn about density and incorporate healthy foods for Thanksgiving.
- Make A Halloween spider Web Craft to hang in your window using contact paper and tissue paper. This is a great activity that makes a colourful Halloween decor for your child’s window!
- Do A Fall Photo Shoot. Whether you hire a professional or grab a tripod and set your camera on remote, taking a few intentional shots with your crew this fall is. A great way to get out into nature. Go on a hike and find the perfect spot or use your a location you know will have maximum foliage with brilliant fall colours.
- Make Fall Playdough. The Fall is the perfect time to make your own play dough. Use this easy no cooking recipe. Take a portion of the play dough to use in a texture play dough activity.
- Go pick your own pumpkin. Head out to your local farm and pick out the perfect pumpkin or one that is not so perfect but still needs a home! While you are there take in the sights and sounds.
- Make Your Own Haunted House. Build your own haunted house using a large cardboard box. Paint it black and then decorate it using stickers, paper and fake cobwebs and other Halloween decorations!
- Visit your local amusement park and enjoy their fall themed decor and rides.
- Go on a Hay Ride.
- Make Some Fall Slime. The time to make slime is pretty much always but if your not into making slime with your little ones, fall is a great time to try your hand at. Check out these fun fall themed slime recipes.
- Play with Acorns. Go outside and collect some acorns then bring them inside and use them to paint, bury, slide and craft! Check out more ways to play with acorns here.
- Make Glow in the Dark Slime.
- Make A Jack-o-Lantern Sensory Bin: Colour some rice orange using this recipe and then use clear plastic containers to let your little one scoop and pour to create a pumpkin.