Use popsicle sticks to craft your own adorable and delicious looking gingerbread house! Decorate your popsicle stick gingerbread house with icing, I mean, glue, colourful pom poms and more! A fun Christmas craft for kids of all ages!
Looking for more Fun Christmas Crafts & Activities? Check out these fun ideas:
How to Make A Popsicle Stick Gingerbread House
- Line up 10 popsicle sticks. Cut another one to the exact length and use a hot glue gun or craft glue to glue it to the back.
- On the front glue another whole stick on the very top.
- Measure and glue to two more sticks to form the roof. Glue the ends to the top popsicle stick.
- Glue additional sticks all along the roof triangle to form the roof.
- Use strong kitchen scissors to cut the ends of the popsicles sticks to create the triangle for the roof.
- Paint the front of the popsicle sticks brown and set aside to dry.
Time to Decorate Popsicle Stick Gingerbread House
- Use a muffin tin to display all your different craft supplies for decorating your gingerbread house.
- Cut a door out of sparkly gold foam sheets
- Use pom poms, snowflake stickers, cotton ball, red and white paper straws, sequins, gems, buttons and beads to decorate your house.
- Once everything has dried, use a hot glue gun to attach a string on the back so that you can hang your gingerbread house on your Christmas tree.
This activity is good for toddlers, and preschoolers, kindergarten aged children 18 month old and up. My kids are 4.5, 4.5 and 8 years old. Adult supervision is required.
The mess level for this activity is medium. Use a tray to help protect table or lay newsprint or craft paper on the table.
Difficulty to Create
Gross motor skills, language development, number recognition, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, imaginative play, creativity.
(This post and list contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may earn a commission. Please visit my disclosure policy for more information.)
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Glue bottle
- Brown Paint and brush
- Pom poms
- Snowflake stickers
- Cotton balls
- Red and white paper straws
Books, TV Show & Play Kits!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Did you know I wrote a book of sensory bins? Click here for more information Exciting Sensory Bin for Curious Kids. Or grab your copy at Amazon.
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Designed for toddlers 18 months and up.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
Find out more and grab your copy here.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids
Riddle me this: What’s an exciting way to practice critical thinking while having a blast? The Big Riddle Book for Kids, of course! From hilarious puns to tough brain teasers, kids can build problem-solving skills with hundreds of riddles that show them how to think outside the box.
- 350 riddles for kids—Have hours of fun with riddles, puns and jokes, and math and logic puzzles that’ll get their wheels turning!
- Level up their skills—Riddles get trickier as kids progress through the book, challenging them as they get better at solving puzzles!
- Double-check their work—Kids can check their answers in the back of the book with a handy answer key.
Help children expand their minds while having fun with this puzzle book for kids!
Designed for kids ages 6 years old and up.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
I’m so excited to finally share my new crafting TV show Curious Crafting which launched July 1 at on TVOkids and TVOkids YouTube!
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
This show designed for toddlers and preschoolers 2.5 years old and up.
Designed for preschoolers 3 years old and up.