INSIDE: 50+ Hands-on and simple to set up alphabet activities for preschoolers and kindergartners. Fun and easy ways to learn, practice and play with the alphabet at home or in the classroom!
Hands-On Letter Activities
Teaching my preschoolers letters, shapes, numbers, and colours has always been one of my favourite things to do. They are key to them fully interacting with their environment and are foundational to all other learning. Most importantly creating simple, fun, engaging ways to practice these fundamental skills is my area of expertise!
If you are looking for ways to help give your preschooler or kindergartner a great start at school you have come to the right place. All of these activities are play-based – they involve elements of play that will help engage and stimulate. Additionally, these activities are also hands-on meaning NO WORKSHEETS.
I am no knocking on worksheets, I do believe they have a place in learning. However, hands-on learning activities allow your child to actually do and experience something. They involve their senses, their minds and their bodies!
So are you ready!? OK! Let’s get started!
Easy Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Matching Activity is a super simple and fun alphabet matching activity you can set up for your preschooler while you make dinner.
- Go on a Dinosaur Letter Hunt.
- Find and unwrap Moon Rock Letters.
- Fill the Alphabet Toddler Activity is an unique way to practice letters using bottles.
- Alphabet Drop Fine Motor Toddler Activity is a great way to use all those paper towel rolls.
- Car Letter Match is perfect way to practice letters for your car fanatic!
- Clothespin Letter Dig combines clothespin and magnetic wands.
- Use a paper towel tube in ABC Tube – easy letter matching activity – Busy Toddler
- Bring a bit of the outdoors indoors in Rock Letters Alphabet Activity from Days With Grey.
- Melt out Icy Letters in this Literacy Sensory Bin.
- Letter Presents turns your letters in little presents to open and match.
- ABC Paint Match is a great painting alphabet activity for preschoolers from Busy Toddler.
More Simple Letter Activities for Preschoolers
- Giant Alphabet Puzzle uses a giant foam puzzle mat as an activity!
- Toss & Find ABC is a fun gross motor alphabet activity for preschoolers.
- Secret Letters Art & Literacy Activity is a colourful crayon resist activity from Busy Toddler.
- Build with letters in ABC Stacks.
- ABC Box Stamping is a fun way to use letter stamps. For example, it is a hands-on way to practice upper and lowe case.
- Create an ABC TP Tunnel using paper towel rolls.
- DIY Alphabet Puzzle is a simple diy puzzle you can easily create.
- Feed the Alphabet Monsters in this fun activity from Toddler Approved.
- Rainbow Letter Blocks
- Poke the Alphabet from Days With Grey is a creative hands-on alphabet activity for preschoolers.
- Pom Pom Hide & Seek uses Pom Poms to hide letters for your preschoolers to find.
- Strengthen fine motor skills as well as learn the alphabet with Spray The Flower Letters Activity.
- Toddler Approved uses paper plates in Alphabet Paper Plate Puzzles to practice letters.
- Take leaning outside with Squish the Bugs Alphabet Game.
- Squeeze out a little alphabet fun in Sponge Letter Match.
- Create this mess free painting Alphabet Sensory Bag for some alphabet practice.
- Hide the Alphabet Toddler Activity is a simple way to practice letters in a rice sensory bin
Letter Sound Activities
- Grab your puzzles and create a simple matching game with Puzzle Letter Match.
- Create an Alphabet Zoo with letters and animals!
- Get moving through colour with Fun Learning for Kids’ Rainbow Hop Letter Sounds Game.
- Use a muffin to for this Letter Sounds Activity – Frugal Fun For Boys and Girls
- Snowman Phonics Discovery Bags
- Phonics Christmas Activity
Seasonal Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers
- Snowball Letter Unwrap
- Snow Letters
- Arctic Letters Sensory Bin
- Feed the Leprechaun Rainbow Cookies Game
- Sticky Hearts Letter Match
- Fine Motor Valentine’s Day Letter Match
- Heart Letter Match Sensory Bin
- Feed the Heart Monster
- Post It Present Match Activity
- Christmas Stocking Puzzle Hunt
- Feed the Reindeer Literacy Game
- Christmas Lights Letter Trace: Play Dough Invitation
- Turkey Clothespin Letters: Fine Motor Activity
- Alphabet Turkey Activity
- Leaf Letters: No-Prep Fall Activity
- Leaf Letter Stamp
- Magnetic Letter Leaf Match
- DIY Pumpkin Letter Puzzles
- Mini Pumpkin Letter Match