AHEAD: 50+ Summer Activities for Toddlers is a fabulous collection of fun and easy summer activities for kids of all ages! Tons of ways to keep your toddler and preschooler busy during those long summer days!
50+ Summer Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- DIY T-shirt Painting: Sun Printing on Fabric – KCEdventures
- Easy Tissue Paper Wind Sock – Snotty Noses
- Easy Summer Activity: Ice Smash Game – Busy Toddlers
- Watermelon Science Activities – Baking Soda and Vinegar Science Experiment – Natural Beach Living
- Hammering Tees into Watermelons – Fun Learning For Kids
- Heat Wave Science Magic for Kids: Make Crayons – Mama Smiles
- How To Make Sand Slime – Little Bins for Little Hands
- Glowing Firefly Craft – Teaching Mama
- Exploding Watermelon Science – 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Watermelon Sensory Bin – Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Sunscreen Painting: STEAM For Kids – Team Cartwright
- Simple Water Balloon Yoyos – Mom Brite
- Summer Water Fun for Kids – Slip N Slide Hack – Protecting Your Pennies
- Painting Ice – Busy Toddler
- Pouring Station Activity for Toddlers – Busy Toddler
- Homemade Sidewalk Chalk – Frogs and Fairies
- Gardening with kids – Wheelbarrow herb garden – My Bored Toddler
- Colorful Stained Glass Kites Window Display – Make and Takes
- Toddler Art Class: Foil Leaf Rubbings – Library Makers
- Paper Bag Kite – Some What Simple
- DIY Soda Bottle Terrarium For Kids! – Team Cartwright
- Make A Pop Shop: Cardboard Popsicle Craft – Creating Creatives
- Tissue Paper Firefly Craft for Kids – Powerful Mothering
- Backyard Obstacle Course for Kids – Happy Toddler Playtime
More Fun & Easy Summer Activities
- Ball Painting – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Lego Car Wash Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Stick Ladder – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Painted Pasta Necklace – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Make A First Aid Kit Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Fly Swatter Bubbles – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Freeze Dance Outside – Happy Toddler Playtime
Take out your phone and a speaker and turn up the tunes outside! Play freeze dance in the sun for a change of pace.Or simply have a dance party outside. This activity did wonders to change the mood and tone of our day! There’s something about dancing like no body is watching outside in your backyard. Nobody wanted this activity to end.
- Window Washing Activity – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Turtle Sticky Wall – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Frozen Letters – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Giant Sponge Painted Fish – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Homemade Sidewalk Chalk Paint – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Shower Curtain Painting – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Frisbee Bowling – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Fizzy Sun Sensory Bin: Summer STEAM – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Ice Kitchen Water Table – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Spray Bottle Drawing – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Snack Necklace – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Sidewalk Chalk Road – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Giant Water Beads – Happy Toddler Playtime
- DIY Cardboard Tent – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Sponge Boats Sensory Bin – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Mud Kitchen Set Up For Kids – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Fly Swatter Painting – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Shaving Cream Sensory Play – Happy Toddler Playtime
- Campfire Pretend Play – Happy Toddler Playtime
More Summer Activity Ideas
- 12 Yummy & Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Kids – Happy Toddler Playtime
- 35+ Amazing Water Table Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers – Happy Toddler Playtime
- 40+ Ice Play Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers – Happy Toddler Playtime
These activities are generally great for kids 3 years and up. Adult supervision is required. My kids are 3, 3, and 6 year old.
Looking for more summer activity ideas? Check out of these other round-ups for more ways to stay busy this summer:
- 40+ Fun & Easy Summer Crafts for Kids
- 25+ Outdoor Water Activities to Keep Kids Cool This Summer
- 40+ Awesome Outdoor Learning Activities for Kids
- 30+ Easy Outdoor Art Projects for Kids
- 60+ Awesome Outdoor Activities for Kids
- 45+ Awesome Water Sensory Bins for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- 40+ Water Table Activities for Toddlers
- 21+ Spray Bottle Activities for Toddler
- 20 Amazing Backyard Obstacle Courses
- 21+ Amazing Summer Sensory Bins
- 40+ Ice Sensory Play
- 12 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Toddlers + Kids
Check out My Books & TV Show!
Book: Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids
Boring afternoons are made exciting with awesome animal-based bins, like Salty Shark Bay or Yarn Farm. Pretend play bins like Birthday Cake Sensory Play or Bubble Tea Party encourage creativity and imagination. And your kids will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re getting smarter with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) activities like Sink or Float Soup, Magnetic Letter Hunt or Ice Cream Scoop and Count.
Book: Super STEAM Activity Book for Kids
Learning all about science, technology, engineering, art, and math sets kids up for scholastic success―and it can be so much fun! Watch kids enjoy building STEAM skills as they color friendly fish, help water find its way to tree roots, solve math problems with mazes, and more.
TV Show: Curious Crafting
This show is all about fun and easy crafts for toddlers and preschoolers.
Set in the ultimate crafting space, Curious Crafting is a short form pre-school age series about the joy of making crafts. I lead a rotating cast of adorable little preschoolers (including my own) making magic out of common household objects.
In each episode we transform recycled items into magical crafts like a milk carton school bus, paper bag puppet or cotton pad turtle. The crafters learn and laugh their way through each activity while demonstrating what their young imaginations can create.
Curious Crafting shares the adventure and joy of making art with takeaway lessons for creating crafts at home.
Book: Big Book of Riddles for Kids – coming out September 27, 2022
Book: STEAM Crafts for Kids – coming out November 29, 2022
The Best Sensory Play Kits for Kids
Play is at the core of learning during the early years and it can take many forms. One of the most important of these is sensory play because it engages all of a child’s senses (taste, touch, smell, sight and hearing) and has a enoumous positive impact on brain development.
Our Sensory Play Kits are some fun and easy ways to keep your child engaged while at the same time using sensory play to nurture their mind!